Exodus Chapter 11, the tenth plague of Egypt, the death of the firstborn.
God accomplished His intended purpose through the plagues.
- He delivered Israel.
- The continued teaching of Moses in preparation for forty years in the wilderness.
- He showed Israel that He is God, the true God. And even though they remained in unbelief, that He would care for them.
- God demonstrated the vanity of the Egyptian gods to save them or help them.
The Exodus was the projection of God through Moses.
What the Exodus meant to Israel:
- A beginning of a new life, calendar, and month. A new calendar for religious observances starting with Passover. This parallels the Christian life in that when we were birthed from above, we began a whole new life. As a Christian our new calendar began with the new birth.
- Israel became a theocracy.
- It was to be a beginning of new fellowship – the feast of Passover, a festival gathering.
Teacher – Alex Delpercio